Are you seeing the following error message when you try to run your Visual Veggies Software application? “The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer”
What this error message means is that there is a library file that is missing. Only computers running Windows 7 or Windows 8 could experience this. Windows Vista, Windows 10, and all versions of Mac do not seem to be affected.
This is a known issue that is affecting a very limited number of customers running Windows 7 or Windows 8, but we want you to know that there is a fix, and it’s quite easy!
Preferred Method – Install Windows Updates
- 1. Click Start, type update in the search box, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- 2. In the details pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- 3. If you see a message telling you that important or optional updates are available, or telling you to review important or optional updates, click the message to view the updates to install.
- 4. In the list, select the check box for the updates that you want to install, click OK, and then click Install updates. It is recommended to download and install all updates.
- 5. A computer restart may be required.
- 6. After restarting your computer, continue the Windows Update steps above until there are no additional updates are available. If there are additional updates, perform these updates at this point. Often times another update may be present.
An Alternative Method – Downloading and Installing the Missing Files
- 1. You will still need to run the Windows updates prior to proceeding below, and make sure you check for more updates after an update is downloaded and/or you restart your computer. Many times just performing the update will resolve the issue.
- 2. Go to the Microsoft website and download the redistributable file: Click here
- 3. You will see there are two files. If prompted to select which file to download, choose the file named “VC_redist.x86.exe”.
- 4. Download and run this file.