This page is for the standalone product of RD Now Flash Cards. If you already have the RD Exam Study Suite program version 7.15.0 or later (Study Suite purchased after February 2018), you may add the Flash Cards study module to your Study Suite program here. This standalone version and the Add-On version are the same, except one is to add onto the Study Suite program and one a separate app.
The RD Now Flash Card content was developed by Elizabeth Zinsmeister, RD, LDN and made into electronic format by Visual Veggies Software. The database contains over 700 questions, covering each domain of the RD Exam. Each question is accompanied by a detailed answer to really help students prepare for their registration exams. The math questions in the database provide detailed step-by-step solutions to help you arrive at the correct answer.
All Visual Veggies Software applications are created entirely by a Registered Dietitian!
If ordering a download, we recommend adding a backup option to your order to safeguard your purchase. As of January 1, 2016, we are no longer reactivating download links. Read more
** Compatible with Windows 7 or later and Mac OS X 10.10.5 or later
Just like hard copies of flash cards, with the electronic version, you can also:
- Bookmark cards for later review
- Highlight parts of the answer to really call to your attention
- Add notes to cards to help you remember more information
- Shuffle the deck to be asked questions in a new, random order
- Choose a deck from a specific domain, or combine all the decks together to be asked all of the cards
And unlike hard copies of flash cards, with the electronic version you can also:
- Email us a question on a specific card to learn more about the topic
- Receive free updates when available
- Change the text size for ease of reading
- Help save the environment by studying electronically and reducing paper usage
Backups are available on a flash drive. While it is not required, it is recommended for customers who purchase the online download to safeguard their purchase in the event of a computer crash. Customers who purchase the full-priced software on a flash drive do not need to also purchase a backup, since this may be used to reinstall the software.
As of January 1, 2016, we are no longer reactivating download links, so if your computer crashed, and you purchased the download, you should consider purchasing a backup flash drive. Read the announcement here
Student Editions are designed for an individual student who purchases the program on their own, are studying at home, and are made for only one user.
Academic Editions are designed for colleges, universities, or other academic institutions where the plan is to install the software in a computer lab for multiple users to access the software.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which edition is right for me?
If you are a student purchasing the program for yourself, or are an educational institution purchasing the software for your students to install on their individual computers at home, go for the Student Edition.
If you are an instructor or purchasing manager of a college, university, or other academic institution and plan to install the software on a shared computer in a lab, opt for the Academic Edition.
Why is there such a huge difference in cost for the Academic Edition?
The Academic Edition is more expensive because this edition allows for more than one student to use the software per license. The Student Edition may have only one user per license.
Unregistered software may be returned within 60 days of purchase for a refund.
- (Flash Drive or Disk) Unopened, unregistered: Full refund minus shipping & handling
- (Flash Drive or Disk) Opened, unregistered: Refund minus 20% restocking fee and minus shipping & handling
- (Flash Drive or Disk) Opened, registered: Software will be returned to the customer with no refund granted
- (Flash Drive, Disk, or Download) Registered software: Not eligible for a refund once the software has been registered
- Add-Ons: If the Add-On Code was used to activate the Add-On study module, the purchase is not eligible for a refund
- Backup Flash Drives and Subscription Codes are not eligible for a refund. Backup Flash Drives may be exchanged for another Backup Flash Drive if the request is made within 60 days (i.e. You purchased the backup for the RD Exam Study Suite but meant to order the backup for the DTR Exam Study Suite)
Sometimes mistakes do happen.
- If you purchased the wrong software title, you may return the unopened, unregistered software for an exchange. No additional charges apply.
- If we send out the wrong software title, you may return the unopened, unregistered software for exchange. In this event, we will issue you a 5% refund for our mistake.
- If your Visual Veggies Software package arrives damaged, please send this back for a replacement.
- If the software has been registered, no refund or exchange will be granted.
Prefer to pay with a check? Visual Veggies Software Order Form
One computer, multiple users per license
Delivered on a Flash Drive
Intended for educational institutions to be installed on a computer for students to share
Academic Edition on Flash Drive
Student Edition also available on the Apple App Store
- Compatible with Windows 7 and above and Mac OS X 10.10.5 and above