The most innovative study guide for the DTR Exam!
The software on this page is for desktop and laptop computers only. If wanting to order software for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, please visit the App Store on your device. Mobile Practice Exam product page
If ordering a download, we recommend adding a backup option to your order to safeguard your purchase. As of January 1, 2016, we are no longer reactivating download links. Read more
DTR Exam Study Suite – Includes 3 months of free updates!
** Compatible with Windows 7 or later and Mac OS X 10.10.5 or later
The most advanced study tool for nutrition students preparing for the Registration Exam for Dietetic Technicians!
Get the experience you need to prepare yourself for the Registration Exam for Dietetic Technicians. The DTR Exam Study Suite contains several different learning methods for your test preparation, such as:
- Practice Exams – Multiple-choice tests with questions similar to the actual DTR Exam and explanations for each question
- Whiteboard Video Tutorials – Follow along in various calculations and topics with step-by-step instructions
- Matching – Match the term or phrase in one column to the term or phrase in another column
- Medical Abbreviations – Type in the corresponding abbreviation to the term or phrase provided
- Blind Exams – Answer questions from the Practice Exam database without the answer choices for an additional challenge
- Hanging with Nutrition (separate purchase required) – Fun hangman-style game familiarizing students with the vocabulary of the profession
- Flash Cards (separate purchase required) – Electronic set of flash cards without all the mess
All Visual Veggies Software applications are created entirely by a Registered Dietitian!
- In line with the new 2017 testing guidelines
- Database of over 900 unique and original questions
- Question sets are broken up by domain and domain subcategories covered in the actual exam
- Option to take a Pretest
- Illustrations to help explain some questions
- A detailed explanation on each topic
- A “Correct” / “Incorrect” response for each question
- A timer countdown to see how well you do in a timed test. The timer can be disabled / enabled with one click
- Repeat questions answered incorrectly
- Take a different full practice exam each time with random questions. The “Full Random Test”, allows the user to take up 130 questions in two and one-half hours. A minimum of 110 questions must be answered, and the practice exam shuts off after the user reaches a passing score – Just like the actual exam!
- View your progress for every practice exam taken
- Review questions answered correctly or incorrectly in tests you’ve taken
- View an overall report of your strengths and weaknesses
- New Home Screen with a fresh new look and panels for easy navigation
- New Exam Readiness Plant images show your progress through the software and suggests if you’re ready to test
- New Whiteboard Video Tutorials
- Choose an exam date and view a countdown to your exam
- Question database now contains 6 possible answers and chooses 4 of these randomly to display
- Answers are now randomized
- Full and Short Random Tests now show only questions that have not been asked in these tests
- If the Pretest was taken, the software will notify you 2 weeks later to take a Full Random Test to see how you improved
- Can now build a custom test by choosing the main domains and number of questions to be tested on in each domain
- Can now finish a test at a later time
- Bulked up test analyses and recommendations after completing an exam
There is no time limit of use with the software. Once you have it installed on your computer, it is yours indefinitely until you decide to uninstall it.
With the new activation of the software, you will receive updates for free for the first 3 months. Should your update subscription expire, you may continue to use the software without any limitations, but you will not be eligible to receive any future software updates.
An Update Subscription Code may be purchased at any time, regardless if your current subscription is valid or expired. Entering an Update Subscription Code into the software with a valid subscription will simply just extend your expiration date by 3 months.
Backups are available on a flash drive. While it is not required, it is recommended for customers who purchase the online download to safeguard their purchase in the event of a computer crash. Customers who purchase the full-priced software on a flash drive do not need to also purchase a backup, since this may be used to reinstall the software.
As of January 1, 2016, we are no longer reactivating download links, so if your computer crashed, and you purchased the download, you should consider purchasing a backup flash drive. Read the announcement here
Please note. Having a backup flash drive or the full-priced flash drive does not make you mobile. In other words, you won’t be able to plug the flash drive into any computer and use the software. The software may be registered to only one computer per license. The flash drive may be used only for reinstallation purposes.
Student Editions are designed for an individual student who purchases the program on their own, are studying at home, and are made for only one user.
Academic Editions are designed for colleges, universities, or other academic institutions where the plan is to install the software in a computer lab for multiple users to access the software.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which edition is right for me?
If you are a student purchasing the program for yourself, or are an educational institution purchasing the software for your students to install on their individual computers at home, go for the Student Edition.
If you are an instructor or purchasing manager of a college, university, or other academic institution and plan to install the software on a shared computer in a lab, opt for the Academic Edition.
Why is there such a huge difference in cost for the Academic Edition?
The Academic Edition is more expensive because this edition allows for more than one student to use the software per license. The Student Edition may have only one user per license.
Unregistered software may be returned within 60 days of purchase for a refund.
- (Flash Drive or Disk) Unopened, unregistered: Full refund minus shipping & handling
- (Flash Drive or Disk) Opened, unregistered: Refund minus 20% restocking fee and minus shipping & handling
- (Flash Drive or Disk) Opened, registered: Software will be returned to the customer with no refund granted
- (Flash Drive, Disk, or Download) Registered software: Not eligible for a refund once the software has been registered
- Add-Ons: If the Add-On Code was used to activate the Add-On study module, the purchase is not eligible for a refund
- Backup Flash Drives and Subscription Codes are not eligible for a refund. Backup Flash Drives may be exchanged for another Backup Flash Drive if the request is made within 60 days (i.e. You purchased the backup for the RD Exam Study Suite but meant to order the backup for the DTR Exam Study Suite)
Sometimes mistakes do happen.
- If you purchased the wrong software title, you may return the unopened, unregistered software for an exchange. No additional charges apply.
- If we send out the wrong software title, you may return the unopened, unregistered software for exchange. In this event, we will issue you a 5% refund for our mistake.
- If your Visual Veggies Software package arrives damaged, please send this back for a replacement.
- If the software has been registered, no refund or exchange will be granted.
Prefer to pay with a check? Visual Veggies Software Order Form
- Compatible with Windows 7 and above and Mac OS X 10.10.5 and above