The most innovative study guide for the DTR Exam!
The software on this page is for desktop and laptop computers only. If wanting to order software for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, please visit the App Store on your device. Mobile Practice Exam product page
If ordering a download, we recommend adding a backup option to your order to safeguard your purchase. As of January 1, 2016, we are no longer reactivating download links. Read more
Includes 12 months of updates and support!
** Compatible with Windows 7 or later and Mac OS X 10.10.5 or later
The most advanced study tool for nutrition students preparing for the Registration Exam for Dietetic Technicians! Updated for the 2022-2026 testing cycle!
Get the experience you need to prepare yourself for the Registration Exam for Dietetic Technicians. The Diet Tech Exam Study Suite contains several different learning methods for your test preparation, such as:
- Library (included in Plus and Ultimate): List of searchable topics and articles to read prior to practicing
- Practice Exams: Multiple-choice tests with questions similar to the actual DTR Exam and explanations for each question
- Whiteboard Video Tutorials: Follow along in various calculations and topics with step-by-step instructions
- Matching: Match the term or phrase in one column to the term or phrase in another column
- Medical Abbreviations: Type in the corresponding abbreviation to the term or phrase provided
- Blind Exams: Answer questions from the Practice Exam database without the answer choices for an additional challenge
- Hanging with Nutrition (included in Ultimate): Fun hangman-style game familiarizing students with the vocabulary of the profession
- Flash Cards (included in Ultimate): Electronic set of flash cards without all the mess
- Study Partner (included in Plus and Ultimate): Virtual assistant who chooses other study modules to work on next
- Study Sessions (included in Ultimate): Study plan built just for you
All Visual Veggies Software applications are created entirely by a Registered Dietitian!
There are differences between the Student Edition and Academic Edition.
Student Edition (single user for home use)
There is no time limit of use with the software. Once you have it installed on your computer, it is yours indefinitely until you decide to uninstall it.
With the new activation of the software, you will receive free updates and support for the first 12 months. Should your support subscription expire, you may continue to use the software without any limitations, but you will not be eligible to receive any future software updates, and the support we provide to you is limited (i.e. with an expired support subscription, we will not be reactivating registration codes or be providing major software support, such as an operating system update which makes part or all of the software inaccessible).
With an active subscription, a 3-month or a 12-month Support Subscription Code may be purchased to extend your support subscription. Once the support subscription has expired, you will need to purchase a 12-month Renewal Subscription Code in order to receive future updates and continued support. Maintaining an active support subscription is less expensive than renewing a subscription.
Academic Edition (multiple users for school use on campus)
The Academic Edition of the software is accessible for 12 months from the date the software is registered. During the 12 months, the school is able to receive any available software updates and any necessary support. Following the 12-month period, in order for continued use, an Academic Renewal Subscription must be purchased, which grants an additional 12 months of updates and support.
Backups are available on a flash drive. While it is not required, it is recommended for customers who purchase the online download to safeguard their purchase in the event of a computer crash. Customers who purchase the full-priced software on a flash drive do not need to also purchase a backup, since this may be used to reinstall the software.
As of January 1, 2016, we are no longer reactivating download links, so if your computer crashed, and you purchased the download, you should consider purchasing a backup flash drive. Read the announcement here
Please note. Having a backup flash drive or the full-priced flash drive does not make you mobile. In other words, you won’t be able to plug the flash drive into any computer and use the software. The software may be registered to only one computer per license. The flash drive may be used only for reinstallation purposes.
Student Editions are designed for an individual student who purchases the program on their own, are studying at home, and are made for only one user.
Academic Editions are designed for colleges, universities, or other academic institutions where the plan is to install the software in a computer lab for multiple users to access the software.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which edition is right for me?
If you are a student purchasing the program for yourself, or are an educational institution purchasing the software for your students to install on their individual computers at home, go for the Student Edition.
If you are an instructor or purchasing manager of a college, university, or other academic institution and plan to install the software on a shared computer in a lab, opt for the Academic Edition.
Why is there such a huge difference in cost for the Academic Edition?
The Academic Edition is more expensive because this edition allows for more than one student to use the software per license. The Student Edition may have only one user per license.
Unregistered software may be returned within 60 days of purchase for a refund.
- (Flash Drive or Disk) Unopened, unregistered: Full refund minus shipping & handling
- (Flash Drive or Disk) Opened, unregistered: Refund minus 20% restocking fee and minus shipping & handling
- (Flash Drive or Disk) Opened, registered: Software will be returned to the customer with no refund granted
- (Flash Drive, Disk, or Download) Registered software: Not eligible for a refund once the software has been registered
- Add-Ons: If the Add-On Code was used to activate the Add-On study module, the purchase is not eligible for a refund
- Backup Flash Drives and Subscription Codes are not eligible for a refund
Sometimes mistakes do happen.
- If you purchased the wrong software title, you may return the unopened, unregistered software for an exchange. No additional charges apply.
- If we send out the wrong software title, you may return the unopened, unregistered software for exchange. In this event, we will issue you a 5% refund for our mistake.
- If your Visual Veggies Software package arrives damaged, please send this back for a replacement.
- If the software has been registered, no refund or exchange will be granted.
One computer, one user per license
Intended for individual students
Includes Practice Exams, Videos, Matching, Abbreviations, and Blind Exams. Does not include Library, Hanging with Nutrition, Flash Cards, Study Partner, or Study Sessions
Windows Download Basic
Mac Download Basic
Flash Drive Basic
Includes Library, Practice Exams, Videos, Matching, Abbreviations, Blind Exams, and Study Partner. Does not include Hanging with Nutrition, Flash Cards, or Study Sessions (savings of $40!)
Windows Download Plus
Mac Download Plus
Flash Drive Plus
All-inclusive! Includes Library, Practice Exams, Videos, Matching, Abbreviations, Blind Exams, Hanging with Nutrition, Flash Cards, Study Partner, and Study Sessions (savings of $75!)
Windows Download Ultimate
Mac Download Ultimate
Flash Drive Ultimate
One computer, multiple users per license
Includes 12 months of usage, updates, and support
Intended for educational institutions to be installed on a computer for students to share
Academic Edition is an all-inclusive product. We will contact you after purchase to see which platform you will be installing on and will send you a download link
DTR Exam Study Suite Academic
Study Suite Monitoring (for instructors)
Academic Study Suite Renewal Subscription
Provides an additional 12 months of software usage, updates, and support
We will manually update your expiration date
- Compatible with Windows 7 and above and Mac OS X 10.10.5 and above